Tuesday 19 February 2013

Inspirational Tuesday

I'm just going to write and not plan for this post and I'm not sure how its going to go, it may be a bit deep so i apologise in advance ahaa




For as long as i can remember i have hated my body, i remember being a child (cant remember exactly how old, perhaps around 5) and doing ballet in a leotard and looking around at all the skinny girls and wishing i could be that thin. 
I've never been 'fat' but I've never been 'thin' and I've just never been comfortable with how i looked.

For such a long time I've been yo-yoing on and off diets, before a holiday, before a party or whatever, and i know that's not good for me but i felt like it helped.
I guess it was around September last year when i got really bad, first i stopped eating breakfast, i thought it didn't really matter, so what if it's meant to be the most important meal of the day, does that make it true or does that mean if i skip it i will get thinner? Then i started skipping lunch too, not eating breakfast wasn't getting me fast enough results, then i stopped eating full dinners. At this point i was literally just eating part of my dinner each day. I felt in control. Or i felt like i felt like i was in control (if you get what i mean) but actually it was in control. I was like this for a while, i got pretty thin, i was weak, i had no energy and i couldn't concentrate properly.


Since around January time, i decided to change my ways, I've been eating more healthily and rarely ever skipping meals, and you know what, I've been happier, much happier.



I guess what I'm trying to say is that you just have to learn to accept your body for the way that it is because that's the way it's meant to be and it's beautiful no matter what you think. Starving yourself, skipping meals, going on a diet, it's not going to change anything, yes you may get thinner, but the chances of you actually being happy about it when you can't eat what you want or accept your body are very thin.



If you don't have a thigh gap, that's not because you're fat or not beautiful, its because your body isn't built that way. If you have a bit of fat on your body, you're still gorgeous, that's just how your body is. If you eat a bit more than you should, IT DOESN'T MATTER! That's okay, accept that you did and move on, YOU'RE STILL BEAUTIFUL!

Yes it may be hard to learn to accept your body for how it is, but believe me, you will be much much happier if you do, or try to, than you will be if you starve or diet or whatever.

Just remember, Stay Strong because you are all gorgeous no matter what your size is, if you feel you're too thin, fat, tall, short, whatever, you're still all absolutely stunning <3



All these images were found on tumblr so credit to the owners of them (the gif of me obviously i made myself) ahaa



I hope you found this post helpful or interesting or something :) <3



2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily how are you? I hope you are well. What a great little post, i often when i'm feeling down in the dump i would go on pinterest and look for inspirational poster to make me feel better, the best one on here is the gif one with the heart - very sweet. xx

    http://www.annanuttall.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, im good thanks you?
      thank you so much, this means a lot :)
      aww thank you :)
      xx

      Delete