The other day i had my first attempt at trying to do a fishtail plait. I dont think it went too badly so i thought i would share with you the result...
Yes i know im quite behind in learning how to do them but i thought i'd give it a go :)
I'm sure you all know how to do them, but for those that dont:
1) Divide your hair into two even(ish) sections (not one like a normal plait)
2) Take a thin strand of hair from one to the sections, pull it over the top and place it underneath the opposite section
3) Do this with a strand from the other section
4) Keep repeating until you get all the way down the hair (or until you want to stop)
5) Tie it with a hair tie
6) Hairspray it in place (optional obviously)
Don't worry if it doesn't look that neat (see how mine's really not) when i was looking up how to do it, some websites said that it looks better slightly messier :)
I also wanted to share with you an OOTD, obviously you can tell from the hair that it was on a different day but still...
Both the top and the skirt are from New Look (oh what a surprise) and the belt came with the skirt. I got the top a while a go and love it, it never fails to make me smile when i wear it. The skirt i got for New Years Eve but obviously wore it in a more dressed up way then. I wore a jumper and coat over the top and ankle boots :)
Hope you enjoyed this or found it helpful or something :) ahaa